1. These Terms and Conditions are entered into by and between Elite Pet Services, LLC, doing business as WalkingPaws, and the pet and homeowner (“The Client”).
2. The Client authorizes WalkingPaws to perform care and services as outlined in this Contract.
3. Both WalkingPaws and Client recognize that the welfare of the animal is the highest priority. If in the Pet Sitter’s judgment additional services become necessary during the service period to properly care for the animal, WalkingPaws will first make reasonable attempts to contact Client. If Client cannot be contacted for whatever reason WalkingPaws is authorized to undertake such additional steps, including but not limited to:
a) Additional visits by Pet Sitter to provide care for the animal.
b) Consultation with Client’s Veterinarian, or with an emergency veterinary care provider should Client’s Veterinarian be unavailable.
c) Authorizing care and treatment as recommended by Client’s Veterinarian or an emergency veterinary care provider (excluding euthanasia).
Client agrees to be responsible for all fees and expenses incurred for care and treatment of the animal pursuant to this paragraph, and releases and holds WalkingPaws harmless from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense. Client agrees to reimburse WalkingPaws for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to animal’s needs or any expenses incurred for any other home/food/supplies/transportation needed.
4. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, WalkingPaws is entrusted to use the best judgment in caring for the pet(s) and home. WalkingPaws will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions. If the Pet Sitter is unable to reach Client's home due to extreme weather or natural disaster, Client will provide a backup plan to assist in the care for his/her pet(s).
5. WalkingPaws agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Pet Sitter and WalkingPaws, except those arising from gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of the pet sitter.
6. Should pet sitter or any authorized person accompanying pet sitter sustain any injury, disease or other harm in the course of providing services hereunder, client will indemnify WalkingPaws, and hold it harmless with respect to all loss, expense and damage caused thereby, except those arising from gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of the pet sitter.
7. Elite Pet Services, LLC is fully bonded and will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to client’s property.
8. The Client will take full responsibility for payment of fees on or before the first day of services contracted. In case of cancellation a credit will be posted in Client’s portal.
9. If adequate supplies are not left, and pet sitter has to purchase supplies, Client understands that a full reimbursement will be added to Client's bill, plus a $10 service fee.
10. Client further authorizes this Contract to be valid approval for future services permitting WalingPaws to accept Client reservations for service and enter Client’s premises without additional signed contracts or written authorizations. An updated Contract must be executed if Client moves, if Client obtains additional pets, or if Client has updated instructions regarding the care of her pet(s) and premises. It is Client's responsibility to review the requested care in the portal to ensure the information and requested dates are correct.
11. WalkingPaws and Client each may terminate this contract at any time by written notice to the other. WalkingPaws will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. WalkingPaws will not terminate during a period of scheduled service unless WalkingPaws determines, in their sole discretion, that a danger exists to the health or safety of the Pet Sitter. If such concerns preclude Pet Sitter from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges from that place to be charged to Client. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situation.
12. I hereby give my consent to all photographs, audio recordings, and/or video recordings taken of my pet by WalkingPaws. I understand that any such photographs, audio recordings, academic work, and/or video recording become property of WalkingPaws and may be used in broadcast and electronic media formats now existing or in the future created.
I have reviewed this Service Contract in its entirety. The information provided by me is complete and accurate and I agree to all its terms and conditions as set out above